Nominate A Difference Maker For Outstanding Business Achievement Awards
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber Of Commerce
SAULT STE MARIE, ONTARIO ~~~~~ December 22, 2022 (LSNews) The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce (SSMCOC) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting nominations for its annual Outstanding Business Achievement Awards: THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS.
A Difference Maker is a Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce member, organization, or person, who accomplishes extraordinary things by creating positive change in their organization, community or in the lives of others. They are people who have leadership roles in work, business, family, and community who create networks of likeminded people. They are organizations that embrace the broader purpose of creating positive change through determination, leadership, teamwork, inspiration, courage, excellence, integrity, generosity, and compassion.
The annual SSMCOC Outstanding Business Achievement Awards is a way for the community to recognize businesses, community organizations, and individuals that have led the way in Sault Ste. Marie and made a difference.
This year’s award categories include:
- Business of the Year Awards (3 categories: up to 9 employees, 10 to 25 employees, 26+ employees)
- Community Non-Profit Business of the Year Award
- Downtown Business of the Year Award
- Indigenous Business of the Year Award
- Community Investment Awards (3 categories: up to 9 employees, 10 to 25 employees, 26+ employees)
- Beyond Sault Ste. Marie Awards (2 categories: up to 49 employees, 50+ employees)
- Innovation Award
- Safe Work, Sound Business Award
- Employer of the Year Award
- Leader in Accessibility Award
- Diversity Award
- Rising Star New Business Award
- Customer First Award - Business, Non-Profit or Agency
- Indigenous Professional of the Year Award
- Customer First Award - Individual
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Environmental, Social Purpose and Governance (Esg) Award
The deadline to submit a nomination is Tuesday, January 31, 2022. This year, the Chamber is adopting the Awardify platform to streamline the nomination, submission, and judging process. Anyone wishing to nominate a local business, organization, or individual, can visit https://ssmcoc.awardify.io/ for details and to nominate. As well, nominators may watch this video for a tutorial on the nomination process.
The Outstanding Business Achievement Awards will be handed out on Saturday, March 25, 2023, 6:00-10:00 pm at the Chamber’s annual Outstanding Business Achievement Awards: THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS celebration at the Machine Shop.
Below Please Rate and Share this story
To help us learn what is important to you
The views expressed in this opinion article or photos are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by Lake Superior News / Lake Superior Media.
About the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce
||The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce represents the interests of 700 plus business and agencies in Sault Ste. Marie and has been serving the needs of this community since 1889. The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce will lead the way as the voice of business, advancing economic prosperity for its membership and the business community. Learn more about the SSMCOC at www.ssmcoc.com