Thunder Bay maintained its title as the murder capital of Canada in 2018, For the third consecutive year - and the fourth time in the last five years
It has been announced again that Thunder Bay is the Murder Capital of Canada for 2018 in Canada for CMAs with populations between 100,000 to less than 500,000 people
Thunder Bay had the highest rate in that category with 6.38 homicides per 100,000.
Barrie with zero
St. Catharines–Niagara Region with 0.42
Thunder Bay has the highest Opiod death Rate in Ontario
In 2018, 44 people died of opioid overdose in Thunder Bay.
It’s made Thunder Bay the highest per capita opioid death rate in Ontario.
The 44 deaths were a 40 per cent increase from 2017, a year in which Thunder Bay also held the highest provincial rate.
Between July 2017 and June 2018, nearly 3,900 naloxone kits were handed out by the Thunder Bay District Health Unit and local pharmacies,
Thunder Bay is that the homicide rate for 2017 is down from 2016 when it stood at 6.62 per 100,000
Greater Sudbury's murder rate is remains one of the lowest in Canada. murder rate was 0.61 per 100,000 people
Thunder Bay as the only Legal Injeciton site in Northern Ontario
Murders by Ward 2019
- Homicide #1 Leo Chiodo Westfort Ward 108th Avenue Mission Island
- Homicide #2 Tanya Andy McIntrye Ward Behind Landmark Inn
- Homicide #3 Claude Justin KISHIQUEB Current River Ward Cumberland Street
- Homicide #4 Robenson St Jean McIntrye Ward Hilldale and Melbourne
- Homicide #5 Andrew Ayre McKellar Ward, Victoria Ave East
- Homicide #6 Nazareth Andrew KWANDIBENS Current River Ward Arundel Street